This reading was hard to follow but when read slowly it makes sense to me. I live by this ethical existences in many ways. I try to be all that I can be. One way of doing this is by being as effieceint as I can in order to have more time to become more in that that. Also, by being somewhat non conformist. By being different I am being more than what I think "human" is. Its possible to follow what everyone else has done. But can I be the one or One of the few to to this or that? This though drives me to be competetive. By being competeitive I push myself to be and become more. And when i'm laying in bed or playing video games or not being effecient I get that guilty feeling described in the reading. It's just like a deep motivating feeling that can only go way if I do homework or compete. Unforetunatly I'm human so the time I have to become better isn't always used fully.
One counter agruement against the point of just being is a sin is that people don't get this guilty feeling sometimes. Often, most of the time. Which is something I don't understand, but that's just people I guess. Some people just are content with just being and allow their potenials to not fill. But i guess just as strongly as I feel to become more, those other people just have a strong desire to do something else.
Ultimately, I think the only ethics humans have are the cultural ones and the individual ones that come form the heart. And the only way to judge these actions based on ethics is to know if they were made with sincere intentions. And I got my post in way before eight o'clock today. Finally, I get on top of these things.
No comments:
Post a Comment